This is the Library Database of the E&P Sound & Marine Life JIP. It provides access to Project Reports, Peer-Reviewed Publications, Factsheets, Videos and other outputs from JIP-funded, or co-funded, research.
The Database allows full flexibility to search for entries by, for example: research category, keyword/topic, organisation or author/Principal Investigator. The File Link launches a ‘pdf’ version of the document. In the event that a peer-reviewed publication is currently not ‘open access’, the link provides access to the abstract.
Please follow this link to access the Database.
The latest updates to the Library Database include:
- Verfuss, U., Gillespie, D., Gordon, J. et al (2018). Comparing methods suitable for monitoring marine mammals in low visibility conditions during seismic surveys. Marine Pollution Bulletin 126 (2018), 1-18.
- Kastelein, R., Helder-Hoek, L., Van de Voorde, S et al (2017). Temporary hearing threshold shift in harbor porpoise (Phocoena phocoena) after exposure to multiple airgun sounds. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 142 (4): 2430-2442
- Houser, D., Yost, W., Burkard, R., Finneran, J. et al. (2017). A review of the history, development and application of auditory weighting functions in humans and marine mammals. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 141: 1371-1413.
- Sills, J., Southall, B., Reichmuth, C. (2017). The influence of temporally varying noise from seismic air guns on the detection of underwater sounds by seals. Journal of Acoustical Society of America, 141: 996-1008
JIP Project Reports
- Verfuss, U., Aniceto, A., Biuw, M., Fielding, S. et al. (2016). Literature Review: Understanding the current state of autonomous technologies to improve/expand observation and detection of marine species. Report Number SMRUC-OGP2015-015 Provided to IOGP, July 2016.
- Booth, C., Oedekoven, C., Gillespie, D., Macaulay, J. et al. (2017). Assessing the viability of density estimation for cetaceans from passive acoustic fixed sensors throughout the life cycle of an offshore E&P field development. Report Number SMRUC-OGP-2017-001.
- Frankel, A., Ellison, W., White, A. and Vigness-Raposa, K. (2016). JIP Aversion Modeling. Final Report. Marine Acoustics, Inc. MAI 947